Industrial & Residential Building Construction
Industrial & Residential Building contractors in Thane & Maharashtra, undertaken to restore or improve every facility in every part of a Residential Building Construction in Maharashtra, its services and surroundings to currently accepted standards.
Some common maintenance works in a building are as follows :
- Maintenance Survey for water supply and sanitary system
- Maintenance of Electrical Installations
- The electrical installation is made safe by getting it installed and maintained through licensed persons.
Maintenance of walls to avoid Efflorescence
Efflorescence is caused due to entry of moisture into the brickwork and soaking it to saturation. Once the moisture has entered it moves upward due to capillary action.
STEPS TO AVOID EFFLOROSCENCE
Eradication of efflorescence is quite difficult and it is often termed as cancer of Industrial & Residential Building contractors in Thane. The first step to check efflorescence is to check the ingress of moisture in buildings if there is no failure of DPC efflorescence can be checked easily.
- Step one- ingress of water is checked
- Step two- plaster is removed both inside and outside and is left to dry
- Step three- voids in the wall are filled
- Step four- walls are washed with tamarind water to remove stains
- Step five- walls are replastered with cement mortar
Types of repair work undertaken are as follows :
- Patching up of defects such as cracks and fall of plaster.
- Repairing doors, windows, replacement of glass panes.
- Checking and repairing electric wiring.
- Checking and repairing gas pipes, water pipes and plumbing services.
- Re-building non-structural walls, smoke chimneys, boundary walls, etc.
- Re-plastering of walls as required.
- Rearranging disturbed roofing tiles.
- Re-laying cracked flooring at ground level.
- Redecoration – whitewashing, painting, etc.
Some common repair works in a Residential Building Construction in Maharashtra are as follows :
REPAIR OF CRACKS IN WALLS
- Cracks are signs of distress in structural and non-structural members
- Cracks may be at different locations like – vertical, horizontal, inclined, separation at the roof level just below the junction of RCC slab and masonry wall, in parapet, at junctions of RCC columns etc. They may be wide narrow or hairline and can be of varying depths.
- Very heavy cracks â€“ If there are very heavy cracks all over the external load bearing wall along with signs of settlement, the wall is considered beyond repair and needs replacement. The load carried by the wall is supported on props; the old wall is demolished part by part and then rebuilt either in brickwork or suitable RCC framework.
RCC band (crack arrestor)
An active crack in progress may be arrested by providing an RCC band along the line of crack. Cracks over arch openings â€“In old Industrial & Residential Building contractors in Maharashtra we can see cracks over arch openings. It indicates that the arch has reached the limit of its load Stitching stitching is done to repair cracks of brickwork.
REPAIR OF PLASTERING WORKS DEFECTS WHICH OCCUR IN PLASTERING WORKS:
- Blistering- this occurs due local relative expansion of the finishing coat
- Bond failure or loss of adhesion
- Crazing – caused due to tensile stress Efflorescence – caused due to presence of salts in masonry which dissolve in moisture entering in it Irregularity of surface – caused due to faulty workmanship. Recurrent surface dampness – due to presence of deliquescent salts in sands used in plastering
- CRACKS IN RENDERING AND PLASTER ALONGWITH REMEDIAL MEASURES
- REPAIR OF CRACKS IN RCC MEMBER OF A STRUCTURE NATURE AND TYPE OF CRACKS
- Random cracks in structure exposed to weather
REPAIRS FOR STRENGTHENING OF RCC STRUCTURAL MEMBERS
Cracks in the RCC member when we see cracks due to excessive bending moment, the load causing the cracks is released as far as possible
Pressure grouting – this method is used when the concrete has become porous but has not decayed. To check this, holes are drilled in the member as per requirement and cement slurry and/or chemicals are grouted under pressure and forced in the holes.
Cracks in foundation of Residential Building Construction in Maharashtra due to settlement these when detected is often beyond repair, the foundation has to be redesigned with a wider base and/or the foundation has to be taken on soil having adequate bearing capacity. Cement slurry grouting is often used to increase the bearing capacity of soil. Load relieving techniques the member can be prestressed externally by placing prestressing wires on both sides and then inducing tension.